Hello, In the hosting industry, I have been contacted by countless customers in the past because they feel that their sites are down. Sometimes it is a false alarm and sometimes it is not. Here are some steps that you can do to check and see if your site is down. Note step 1 is not posting it on WHT for a reason
- Check your site from a different connection. In some cases it may be as simple as your IP address being blocked in the firewall. Use a web based proxy or even a smartphone works in a pinch.
- Check your hosts network news page/twiiter feed to see if there is any scheduled maintenance or known issues.
- Try pingdom to see if your domain can be resolved
- Place a ticket properly describing the issue and what steps you used to determine there may be an issue
- Wait 60 minutes – Issues may take some time to be researched. It is not as easy as flipping a switch. While waiting, repeat step 2 every 5 to 10 minutes
- Respond to your ticket nicely asking for a status update