A full installation includes the entire Centova Cast package, including the Centova Cast web interface. If this is your first Centova Cast v3 installation, then you want this installation type.
- To begin your full installation of Centova Cast, download the Centova Cast installation script and make it executable:
wget -O install.sh install.centova.com/LICENSEKEY chmod a+x ./install.sh
LICENSEKEYabove with your actual Centova Cast v3 license key from your client area.
- Next, decide which streaming server/source software you want Centova Cast to install for you. As of the time of this writing, Centova Cast supports automatic installation of the following:
- ShoutCast DNAS v2: add –shoutcast2 to the installer commandline
- ShoutCast DNAS v1: add –shoutcast1 to the installer commandline
- IceCast: add –icecast to the installer commandline
- Liquidsoap: add –liquidsoap to the installer commandline
- ices-cc: add –icescc to the installer commandline
- sctrans v2: add –sctrans2 to the installer commandline
- Run the
install.shscript as follows, substituting
<options>with any (or all) of the above parameters:
For example, to install ShoutCast DNAS v2 with Liquidsoap, you might use:
./install.sh --shoutcast2 --liquidsoap
- The installation should complete without error and ask you to visit
http://your-ip:2199/to complete the installation. Open your browser and enter the URL provided by the installer.If you prefer to use a secure (SSL) connection, you can also use
https://your-ip:2199/. Centova Cast’s web interface supports both SSL and non-SSL connections on the same port.
- The web interface should prompt you to choose an admin password and enter the connection information for your MySQL database. Do so.
At this point Centova Cast should inform you that the installation was successful, and will direct you to the Centova Cast login page where you can begin using Centova Cast.
If your server is using a firewall, see the Firewall Configuration section below before proceeding.
If your server is protected by a firewall, you may need to modify your firewall configuration to allow access to Centova Cast and its streams.
Generally speaking, Centova Technologies cannot assist in configuring your firewall, but basic instructions for some common firewalls are included in our knowledge base.
Advanced Installer Options
Advanced users may optionally pass any of the following commandline options to
install.sh to further automate the installation process.
Advanced users wishing to try the latest features and functionality may optionally use the edge branch of Centova Cast. Note that the edge branch is likely to be unstable and contain bugs, as it is the testing branch used by Centova Technologies for testing upcoming releases. Issues in this branch will not receive priority attention, so use caution when selecting this option. The default if no
--channelargument is provided is to use the
Instructs the installer to use
aptto install all dependencies automatically.
Configures an alternate path for Centova Cast client data including configuration files, logs, and media. This may be used to place client data on an alternate, larger partition.
Overwrite any existing Centova Cast installation. Note that this will completely remove your entire existing Centova Cast installation and will delete all existing client data. Use with caution.
Instructs the installer to skip firewall configuration. This option only affects servers using a supported firewall package (currently only CentOS 7 at the time of this writing).
Automating Stage-2 Configuration
Normally, after performing the commandline (
install.sh) portion of the installation, Centova Cast prompts the user to visit a web page to finish configuring Centova Cast. This second, web-based portion of the configuration can be automated by passing all of the following options to the
Specifies the administrator E-mail address.
Specifies the password to configure for the
Specifies the MySQL database name to use for Centova Cast.
Specifies the MySQL database username to use for Centova Cast.
Specifies the MySQL database password to use for Centova Cast.
(Optional.) Specifies the hostname (or IP address) for the MySQL server. Defaults to